To test a new app in Internet Explorer 8 I decided to try the virtualization route on my Mac. I installed XP on parallels, and of course included was IE6. No problems, I’ll just download an update, I thought. Not so simple: The IE8 installer I was offered by default is in French, but it isn’t compataible with my English XP. So I tried the English one. Not only isn’t it signed, which means that it is blocked by default on XP and I had to find the setting to allow unsigned files, but it was corrupted. I finally managed to get it through Windows Update, after going through all the Genuine Advantage Windows bullshit.
No thanks Microsoft!

Pin It